Friday, May 8, 2009

Wow. I paid for information I already knew.

In an article from Fox News it was reported that the US has paid $400,000 to The National Institutes of Health to cruise bars in Buenos Aires to find out why gay men engage in risky sexual behavior while drunk -- and what can be done about it...Huh? I'm sorry is this a joke? The point of this study is to help in the prevention of HIV. Yes, I understand the need for prevention of such an awful disease, but I can't help but feel this is like trying to study drunk driving as a means to helping alleviate alcoholism. If we can just figure out why they WANT to drive home! Umm lets use our brains here a little bit. I'm guessing these "researchers" went to college. SO, that pretty much means they know why drunk people "mysteriously" become promiscuous. Gay or straight, I think it's a no brainer. Sounds to me like someone wanted a very funded two year Spring Break. Come on like you need to go to Buenos Aires to study. The article clearly says that Washinton D.C. has high rates of HIV. No one wants to spring break in D.C.! This just goes to show you really can get funding for just about anything. You just have to word it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment